Need Interlocking Vinyl Flooring in Gary IN 46401 ?
Gary Flooring Company - Serving Gary and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (888) 867-1270
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW - CALL (888) 867-1270
Laying vinyl floors can instantly transform and modernise any room of your home. With many styles and colours to choose from in Gary IN 46401, it is easy to find the floor you need, to help you revamp either your kitchen or bathroom. Vinyl flooring is the most cost effective flooring when it comes to both purchasing and installing, because if you have the confidence you can even lay this flooring yourself. Just follow this easy step by step guide.
1) It is best to remove the old tiles when installing new vinyl flooring. It is always best to go back to basics. When you have removed all the flooring give it a good clean. Try and remove any lumps or bumps that may show under your new flooring. If need be, you may have to purchase some filler to make sure your starting floor has that smooth finish you are after.
2) Make sure you purchase a special vinyl adhesive. The vinyl flooring is already saving you money in Gary IN 46401 and we recommend that you don’t scrimp on the adhesive. This is because a cheap adhesive can discolour your tiles and eventually cause them to dislodge as it is not sticky. If you do not want to purchase any adhesive you could always look into getting interlocking tiles.
3) Have the tile cutting tools you’ll need ready. When laying vinyl floors many people may use a tile cutter or even a very sharp knife. But if you think that you may have an unsteady hand you can always purchase or rent a box cutter or a vinyl tile cutter, this will help you shape your tiles into equal sizes so that your floor layout will match.
4) When it comes to laying your vinyl floor many people like to start in the middle of the room. But it is recommended that when it comes to laying a vinyl floor in your kitchen or bathroom in Gary IN 46401, it is best to start at one wall and work your way towards any cupboards or obstacles. That way you can work on levelling up the rest of the floor, and leave the cutting of the tiles to last. This is also helpful as you will know how many tiles you have spare in case any mistakes are made.
5) When working with adhesive, always apply it and leave it for a couple of minutes so that it starts to set and goes very sticky. Always start in a corner and lay in rows making sure that each tile is lined up to the next one. To make sure that the tile is flat, roll a rolling pin along it to relieve any air bubbles. When you have completed the entire floor where a whole tile will fit in, leave the floor to set in Gary IN 46401 for a whole 24 hours and do not let anyone walk on it.
6) Now you can start cutting tiles to fit that annoying little gap that you always have left. It is important to remember to try and keep the uncut side of tile next to the whole tile, and the cut side up against the wall or cupboard. In order to achieve an exact measurement, turn the tile upside down and measure from the wall or cupboard to the tile that it needs to be placed next to. Once you have measured this line, cut off the extra piece that you don’t need and stick the tile in place, just like you have previously done with the other tiles. If two edges of the tile need to be cut, still work to the same rule of placing the uncut side next to the previously laid tile. Continue around the room until every floor space has been covered to create your new vinyl floors in Gary IN 46401.